Remember, assets are frozen when the winding up of an estate begins and this can have serious implications for dependents. Also, if you and your spouse are married in Community of property, they will have no access to funds for a while. So here’s how you can protect your loved one’s;

– Set up a living trust – any assets transferred into the trust fall outside of the estate.
– Take out a life insurance policy in favour of your spouse and dependents. These policies are paid out directly to the beneficiaries named in policies in a timeous manner.
– Transfer a sum of money to your spouse or dependents if death is foreseeable due to ill-health.

NMA Attorneys can assist you in order to protect your loved ones in the event of your death. Be prepared. We can assist with advice and the fast and efficient winding up of your estate.

031 303 2476 |